Thursday, January 8, 2009

So what are you trying to say???

Okay, it may be a ladies bike, but I bought it for Rach, honestly! And who could walk past a bargain like that - German imported ladies bike (still wiz ze German shop sticker)- $10.

After spending much of my spare time sifting through the more affluent suburb's hard rubbish I came across this gem at the dump shop.

Meet Lady.


It had a severely taco'd rear wheel which I replaced with a had lying around. From five speed to six speed the rear Positron derailleur didn't seem to mind at all.


I was most impressed with the fact that the dynamo and front and rear lights were still fully functioning. The rear light had been damaged in the taco'ing incident so I completely removed it (I'd rather a super bright Basta light on there for safety anyway) but the front lamp shines like the sun - at any speed above walking pace anyway!!



Only a few parts on the bike are Asian, most are French or German.




Unfortunately I found it just before I left Adelaide so we haven't been out on a double date yet (that's two bikes and two humans, just in case there is some confusion......)